After 60 Days Riding Amtrak: My Favorite, Must-Try, (cheap), Restaurants in The United States
1) Mel’s Cafe- Charlottesville, Virginia. Well-priced, southern soul food that has my mouth watering at the thought of going back there.
2) Badou- Chicago, Illinios. Amazing Seneglese dishes that are delicious and affordable. The owners are from Senegal and are genuinely nice people who work EXtremely hard. They deserve every penny I paid for my meal.
3) Dad’s Kitchen- Sacramento, California. Humongous Burgers.
4) Goodfella’s- Atlanta, Georgia. Philly Cheesesteak. That is all.
5) The Chatterbox- Minneapolis, Minnesota. I’d go again just for the atmosphere. There’s every board game imaginable there- and you can play while you eat.
8) al di la Trattoria- Brooklyn, New York. A delicate, romantic setting matched with perfect Italian food. The risotto was my favorite. This may be the most expensive restaurant I dined at (considering I was a homeless person wandering the states), but the prices were still not too bad.